ACT Photo Requirements, Deadlines and Upload Options
For national test dates only (US, US Territories and Canada)
Photo upload deadlines
ACT Photo Submission Overview
As part of ACT's test security requirements,
you must now provide a recent photo of yourself in order to complete
your test registration. This photo will be used for identification and
test security purposes. This photo will print on your ticket and on the
score report that is automatically sent to your high school. ACT will
retain the photo for a period of time consistent with active use of test
scores and test security purposes. Photo submission options include:
Your photo must be added by the photo upload deadline
for your test date. You are strongly encouraged to complete this part
of your registration and print your ticket as soon as possible, to
ensure everything is in order well before test day. You can't print your
ticket until the photo is added—and without a ticket, you can't test.
If you don't add your photo by the photo deadline, your registration
will be cancelled and you will NOT be admitted to test. More details are
provided in the photo upload deadline section below.
You must bring a printed copy of your ticket and a valid photo ID in order to be admitted on test day. For more details, check out the Test Day Checklist.
The photo must meet the following requirements:
- Your photo must be a clear image of ONLY you (not blurry, grainy or fuzzy) against a plain, background.
- The photo must be a full face-and-shoulders shot, squarely facing the camera.
- You must use a portrait, not landscape, photo that is correctly oriented.
- You must be facing the camera.
- You cannot wear dark glasses.
- If you wear a head covering daily for religious reasons, adjust it to provide a full-face view.