Instructor: Mr. Wash Cooper
School Hours: 6:40am - 2:00pm
Planning period: Block 3B 10:20am – 12:15pm
Classroom: Annex Room 505
Web site: http://mchs.millingtonschools.org
Courses and Textbooks:
- IT Foundations: Discovering Computers, Complete, Shelly Cashman
- Computer Systems: Computers, Understanding Technology, Floyd Fuller, Brian Larson, Lisa A. Bucki
- Cabling & Inter-networking: Networking Fundamentals, Second Edition, Richard M. Roberts
- Computer Applications: MS Word 2013, MS Excel 2013, MS PowerPoint 2013, MS Access 2013
Grading and Evaluation Criteria
40% of the grade is based on team projects. Projects will be graded in accordance to the state mandated CTE rubric. Students will be given a copy of the rubric to assist them in completing their projects.
10% of the grade is based on quizzes. Quizzes are announced one day in advance and may vary from three to five questions that may be in any format.
40% of the grade is based on keeping a project notebook. Students are asked to obtain a small notebook to enter their answers to the various end-of-chapter exercises and projects.
10% of the grade will be from home work/bellwork.
Class Room Procedures
- Quietly proceed to your assigned seats and begin bell work
- Remain in your assigned seats at all times
- All work will be turned into the appropriate box
- Clean your area before leaving and take your belongings
- Exit quietly after dismissal
Class Room Rules
- When the instructor is talking, all your attention is on the instructor
- Come to class on time and prepared (start as directed)
- No drinks and food, permitted
- No use of electronic devices
- Conduct yourself properly at all times (attitude, speaking, mannerism)
First offense = Verbal Warning
Second offense = Conference with student
Third offense = Call to parents
Fourth offense = office referral
Severe disruptions = Student sent immediately to the office