MCHS Mission Statement
It is the mission of Millington Central High School to develop valued citizens of the community who are literate, responsible, and prepared to succeed in roles of leadership, education, work, and family.
- Quality teaching and effective learning will take place only in a disciplined environment.
- Student excellence is promoted by recognition of academics, extracurricular achievements, and citizenship.
- The staff must recognize the uniqueness of individuals, stress the humanity of man, and cultivate equal rights for all.
- Students gain confidence by fostering decision-making, critical thinking, and effective communication skills.
- Students can benefit from opportunities that allow them to embrace the diversity of the world, the importance of communication, and the interdependence of all nations.
- Students thrive in an atmosphere that fosters positive relationships and mutual respect among students and staff.
- Safety is a requirement of a valued education and is the responsibility of the community, the school system, and the staff at MCHS.
- In an effort to build a warm, accepting environment for students with exceptional learning needs, the staff and student body must be sensitive to the emotional and physical needs of all students.
- Every individual should respect the physical property of the school and the personal possessions of others.
- The development of self-esteem and self-respect should be the shared responsibility of parents, school, and the community.
- Students, parents, teachers, and the community share the responsibility for communication and eliminating apathy.
- Students should develop, to the best of their ability, skills in math, reading, communication, reasoning, and research to acquire the highest levels of achievement.
- MCHS staff will guide students in the development of realistic goals that are consistent with both personal desires and the civic needs of our society.
The students, parents, staff, and community form a partnership in this mission with MCHS to create a challenging educational experience that supports all students as they develop the knowledge, skill, and confidence to succeed in a challenging and changing world as capable, self-supporting citizens.